The California Law Review hosts events that address timely issues in legal scholarship and practice. We will begin receiving symposium proposals for the 2020-2021 academic year on January 1, 2020. Submissions will be accepted until February 28, 2020.
In addition to a written proposal, please also submit an addendum that clearly addresses the following elements:
- A tentative list of symposium speakers.
- An anticipated budget and source of funding. Financial and logistical arrangements will not be the responsibility of the California Law Review.
- The names and contact information of two point people with whom the California Law Review can communicate regarding logistics, travel, and organization.
- A mechanism for ensuring author accountability for quality of publication and deadlines.
- An acknowledgment that publication is not guaranteed to any speaker and that the California Law Review has full discretion in selecting the pieces, if any, to publish.
- A tentative timeline and date for the symposium (symposium must take place in the 2020-2021 academic year).
- A description of how this symposium is timely and fosters diversity of legal scholarship.